Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June is Black Music Month

Since it's Black Music Month, I've decided to take this opportunity to write on this blog more often. So going forward I will post some of my favorite songs every day.

Boyz II Men is my favorite group of all time. I've been a fan of them since they first came out. The first CD I ever owned was II. The combination of their four voices made them the special group that they are.   Nathan, Michael, Shawn and Wanya make up the most popular group of the 90s. Michael with his deep bass voice talk singing on some of their more popular songs. Wanya who could beg with the best of them. And SHawn and Nathan who stood out when necessary. They were it for me. Michael has left the group but they continue to make music and entertain their fans.

It would have been easy to chose one of their Grammy winning hits but some of my favorite songs are album cuts. "I Finally Know" is off Nathan Michael Shawn Wanya, their fourth studio album. This song is about realizing that the person you've been looking for has been right there the whole time. I like this song because it is basically saying not to dismiss someone as a love interest because they are a friend. Check out the song below and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment