Thursday, March 4, 2010

Welcome to Who's the Bose!

This space will be a place for me to speak on different things I feel about music and other current events. I am interested in many different things and will hopefully be able to talk about them here. Now don't be surprised if you see an article about sports or current events on here. I have no specific direction for this blog yet. I am going to let the writing spirit lead me.

Music is my first love. I am always listening to music; in the car, in the shower, at my desk at work. It helps me get through the day, especially at work. Poetry is also one of my loves. For me, it is a way to express many things you sometimes can't say. My business plan is a combination of these two loves.

Business Plan
Café Lush will be a full service café with space for spoken word, live music and DJs. The music will primarily be R&B, Neo-Soul, and Hip-Hop. It will be based in East Orange, NJ focusing on an underrepresented market. There are no other such locations for young people to go to hear spoken word and different types of live music in the area. The need for such a venue is the growing interest in spoken word. Def Poetry on television and slam competitions across the country are producing a greater interest in this type of expression.

With this business I hope to give young adults an outlet to express themselves. I also hope to impart knowledge about the entertainment industry through various classes to be offered.

No comments:

Post a Comment